Love deserves to be celebrated and embraced more than ever before, both in our society and at Way Out West. This year, together with West Pride, we’d like to invite three couples to get married on-site in Slottsskogen during Way Out West 2023. Perhaps you and your partner met at the festival? Or maybe you’re just two music lovers who wish to celebrate your love in an unconventional way? This is your chance to have your very own WOW Wedding!
We encourage a diverse range of applicants in terms of geographical spread in Sweden, ethnic background, disabilities, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion and music taste.
Are you interested in the opportunity to marry your partner at Way Out West? Read the conditions below and if you and your partner are eligible to apply – send an email to [email protected] with your application (your personal info + a short text describing why you want to get married at Way Out West) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- In order to get married at Way Out West, you need a valid Certificate of No Impediment (hindersprövning) and a marriage certificate (vigselintyg) issued by the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). Remember to apply in time (now, if you haven’t already) and be aware of its validity period. Read more HERE.
- We will have one wedding each day, on Thursday August 10, Friday August 11, and Saturday August 12. If it matters to you which of these days you can get married, please note this in your application.
- The ceremony will take place in the open-air church in the Höjden area in the afternoon.
- The couples who get married will receive two festival tickets each, as well 8 additional tickets for friends and family to attend the ceremony.
- The ceremony is civil and will be performed by a marriage officiant.
- You will need to present valid identification on-site.
- You will need two witnesses to witness your marriage.
- After the ceremony, you will receive a Marriage Certificate.
- Way Out West will arrange with a photographer and some pretty solid wedding music.